The Procurement and Investment Readiness Fund is a key initiative of Ontario’s Social Enterprise Strategy 2016-2021 which aims to support social enterprises in assessing their procurement and investment readiness and accessing the services and capacity building supports necessary to compete for procurement and investment opportunities.
By increasing the procurement and investment readiness of Ontario-based Social Enterprises, the PIRF aims to:
- Increase the number of social enterprises competing for procurement and investment opportunities;
- Increase the number of procurement and investment opportunities accessed by social enterprises;
- Facilitate productive relationships between social enterprises and capacity building service providers;
- Showcase the value of engaging with social enterprises to purchasers and investors;
- Build and create sustainable markets for social enterprises;
- Enhance access to capital for social enterprises; and,
- Increase the number of financially sustainable social enterprises operating in Ontario.
Reporting to the PIRF Program Senior Program Manager, the duties of the PIRF Program Assistant are:
- Support the Program Senior Program Manager for the organization of meetings and liaison with project partners
- Preparation, processing and promotion of application systems for assessments, capacity building and catalytic grants.
- Production of online and printed bilingual communications content, including project documentation for outreach and engagement.
- Development and maintenance of online program information and presence
- Data collection for reporting requirements to funders and contributions to annual and final project reports.
- Undertakes special projects and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Responsibile for fielding inquiries in both official languages regarding the fund.
- Prepares and processes payment requests and updates files
- Supports Senior Program Manager to prepare and process Partner’s payments and expense claims
- Demonstrated experience in project administration and collaborative initiatives
- Organized, detail-oriented, independent, professional, and able to work in a flexible environment on a deadline driven schedule
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Experience with grant funds or procurement specifically setting up and/or developing systems an asset
- Experience in social enterprise, the social economy or community economic development an asset
- Post-secondary college, university degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
Compensation: This is full-time position from June, 2018 to March, 2021, with possibility of extension. Starting salary is $47k – $51k depending on qualifications and experience, plus extended health and dental benefits, competitive leave entitlements and professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and a cover letter by June 8, 2018 to info at ccednet-rcdec.ca with ‘PIRF Program Assistant’ in the subject line. Interviews will take place the following week.
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds to self-identify.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
8 Jun 2018
The Canadian CED Network